Kidney disease includes all disorders that affect your kidneys or urinary tract. Some of the most common kidney diseases are urinary tract infections (UTI), bladder infections, and kidney stones. More serious kidney disease leads ultimately to Kidney dialysis, (visit dialysisfacilitycare.com to find a facility near you) kidney failure and, if not treated, can even cause death. Treatment of kidney disease at the earliest possible detection of a problem is essential. Your doctor can give you a simple blood or urine test to check your kidney function.
Warning signs of kidney disease:
- puffiness around the eyes
- gradual swelling of the face and ankles
- back pain just below the rib cage
- frequent need to urinate (especially at night)
- burning or difficult urination
- bloody or tea-colored urine
- high blood pressure.